Cohabitation property disputes

Janet TresmanIf you are not married and have decided to separate from you partner, you may be concerned about where you and you children will live, separating your financial assets and business interests.

Altermans Solicitors in Finchley deliver a first class service in all areas of family law, with minimum court intervention. We can give you straightforward legal advice on your entitlement to property and assets that have built up during your relationship.

If you made a cohabitation agreement, setting out your intentions for what should happen if you decide to split up, you may still need legal advice on enforcing it.

Even without a cohabitation agreement you may be entitled to property in your partner’s name, regardless of your financial contributions, especially if there are children of the family under 18 who live there.

At Altermans Solicitors, we take a mediatory approach to try and resolve family legal problems amicably, but we are also tough negotiators when required. We have highly experienced mediation and collaborative family law solicitors on our team, who are also members of Resolution.

However, if you cannot reach a settlement amicably, you can be assured of the highest level of legal representation in court.

We can help you with:

For further information or advice, call Janet on 0203 182 0139 or email email hidden; JavaScript is required.


What clients say about us

default image

I was very happy with the care and attention that I received from Altermans when they prepared my will. They came to visit me at home, which was more convenient as I am in my eighties, and I feel very reassured now that all my affairs are in good order.

Mrs Geraldine Yardley December 1, 2015